Circular route pedaling between cork oaks and hot springs
- Route: Girona – Cassà de la Selva – Caldes de Malavella (return to Girona by train)
- Start: Girona Station
- End: Caldes de Malavella train station
- Route: Circular, bicycle + train
- Distance: 27 km of pedaling route
- Difficulty: Low
LlDes of the city of Girona we go to the beginning of the Carrilet II route that is at the end of Emili Grahit street. Once incorporated into the Carrilet route, we follow the signs until we reach Cassà de la Selva (15 km), we cross the center of the municipality and about 3 km further on we find the junction with the Thermal route, towards Caldes de Malavella.
The gently sloping thermal route allows you to enjoy a great diversity of landscapes, fostered by cultivated fields, oak forests and the jungle plain, from where you can contemplate the magnificent panorama formed by the Guilleries massif and the Montseny.
After approximately 9 km we arrive at Caldes de Malavella, where you can discover how thermal water has become a symbol of the municipality's identity, either by visiting the spas, the Roman baths or even trying the water that flows from its springs. mineral-medicinal thermal water.
Places of interest
- Old Quarter of Girona
- Quart Pottery Museum
- Can Villalonga in Cassà de la Selva
- Old stations of Carrilet de Quart, Llambilles and Cassà de la Selva
- Roman terms Caldes de Malavella
- Spas in Caldes de Malavella