Castell de Ciutadilla Ciutadilla
Interesting monument of a strange and arrogant architectural beauty and home to one of the most illustrious lineages in Catalonia, the Guimerà Torre del Castillo.
The slender and almost square tower of the sixteenth century, sitting on the rock, gives shape to the silhouette of the castle and the town.
Sentinel over the Corb River Valley and is perhaps the most elevated viewpoint of the Urgell.
In the 16th century Gispert de Guimerà converted the old military fortress into a magnificent Renaissance palace.
You may also be interested in: Catalonia, land of castles
Nearby routesSee all routes »
- Grand Tour de Catalunya - Section 2.… (a 3.8 km)
- Sanctuary of Santa Maria de la Bovera (a 3.8 km)
- Cistercian Route I: gastronomy in Vallbona… (a 3.8 km)
- Return to Vallfogona de Riucorb (a 8 km)
- Way of the Hanged in Vallfogona de… (a 8 km)